$63,750 is about to slip through your hands!
I get calls every day from dentists asking the same question, is it too late to get the ehr incentive money? Not yet but we are getting close as 2016 is the LAST year that you can apply for the EHR incentive grant program and qualify for the $63,750.00 for each dental provider. All states are open for new providers!
Remember to Qualify for the Medicaid Dental EHR Program, you must meet these qualifications:
Eligible professionals* under the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program include:
- Physicians (primarily doctors of medicine and doctors of osteopathy)
- Nurse practitioner
- Certified nurse-midwife
- Physician assistant who furnishes services in a Federally Qualified Health Center or Rural Health Clinic that is led by a physician assistant.
*In certain states, optometrists are eligible for the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program. For an optometrist to be eligible, the state Medicaid program must cover adult optometry services as physician services in the Medicaid State Plan. Please check with your state Medicaid agency for more information
To qualify for an incentive payment under the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program, an eligible professional must alsomeet one of the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 30% Medicaid patient volume*
- Have a minimum 20% Medicaid patient volume, and is a pediatrician*
- Practice predominantly in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or Rural Health Clinic (RHC) and have a minimum 30% patient volume attributable to needy individuals
* Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) patients do not count toward the Medicaid patient volume criteria in most states..
What requirements do you have to meet to receive an EHR incentive payment?
To receive an EHR incentive payment under the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program, providers have to meet certain requirements. CMS has established the objectives for “meaningful use” that everyone must meet to receive an incentive payment. We will assist you in determining if your office qualifies for the program.
- In their first year of participation, providers can adopt, implement, upgrade to, or demonstrate meaningful use of certified EHR technology.
In their second year of participation and subsequent participation years, providers must show that they are using their EHRs in a meaningful way by meeting thresholds for a number of objectives. This means that if you want to qualify for grant money in years two through six, then you MUST be using one of the approved certified EHR dental software systems like Total Dental®.
Additional Information for Eligible Professionals Participating in the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program:
- The program is administered voluntarily by states and territories, and CMS and State Medicaid offices will pay incentives through 2021. Eligible professionals are eligible for incentive payments for 6 years, and participation years do not have to be consecutive.
- The last year that an eligible professional can begin participation is 2016. Incentive payments for eligible professionals are higher under the Medicaid EHR Incentive Payments— up to $63,750 over 6 years.
- Eligible professionals can receive an incentive payment for adopting, implementing, or upgrading (AIU) certified EHR technology in their first year of participation.
- In subsequent years, eligible professionals can receive incentive payments for successfully demonstrating meaningful use.
- If you qualify for both the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs, you must choose which program you want to participate in. If you are only eligible for the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program, you will not be subject to payment adjustments.
- Medicaid eligible professionals who also treat Medicare patients will have a payment adjustment to Medicare reimbursements starting in 2015 if they do not successfully demonstrate meaningful use. Deadlines, resources, and links
- Beginning in 2015, eligible professionals who do not successfully demonstrate meaningful use were subject to a Medicare payment adjustment. The payment reduction starts at 1% and increases each year that an eligible professional does not demonstrate meaningful use, to a maximum of 5%.
Please keep in mind that each individual state Medicaid program is different and you can look up state specific details on each state’s website which can be located at https://www.cms.gov/apps/files/statecontacts.pdf or call us and we will do it for you!
Meaningful use and the EHR Incentive program is here to stay but 2016 is the last chance to qualify for the EHR grant money and receive $63,750.00 per eligible provider. This program was designed to help practices upgrade their technology, go paperless, and make it easier to comply with HIPAA and other government regulations. It is easier than ever for dentists to achieve meaningful use and if you are a high Medicaid provider, don’t delay getting started. The states want their high providers to participate in the EHR incentive program and move to a certified EHR. Remember, that each state has different rules so please check for local state resources or work with one of our specially trained team members at Total Dental to assist you through evert step of the process.
About Total Dental®
Total Dental® is an affordable cloud or web based dental software that is an ONC Certified EHR. Total Dental® is a state of the art dental practice management system designed specifically for Dental Service Organizations (DSOs) and large groups but works well for a smaller office too! The system comes complete with scheduling, charting, billing, a patient portal, reporting and much more. Total Dental® is integrated with partners such as NEA, Sikka, Televox, EDS, Dosespot and others to offer additional services to our clients. Our imaging integrations include Dexis, Schick, Kodak/Carestream, Apteryx and many more. Some key benefits of using Total Dental® include: line item adjustment and posting, CDT codes included, eRX included, reporting for single offices or real time views across multi-locations, advanced tooth and perio charting, state of the art dashboard, production scheduling and reporting...basically everything you need to manage a successful dental practice!
Our Standard EHR package starts at only $199 for the first Dentist user per month, $99.00 for each additional Dentist, and each comes with two free support user licenses. It includes training, storage, phiMail Secure Messaging, Patient Data Migration, Unlimited Support, two Free support staff for each dentist user.